Risolto

pdp authentication error

• 17 April 2022
  • 28 risposte
  • 1352 visualizzazioni

I bought my plan in iftaly and it include 70 gb of national data and 6.6 gb of eu roaming data. Now I’m travelling in Switzerland and initially it worked yesterday in Swiss but today I found out I cannot connect to the internet and a message of pdp authentication error showed up. I tried to reset my internet, turn off the phone, airplane mode and remove the SIM card but all methods don’t work. I did open eu data roaming and checked my apn. Does anyone know what I can do. Thank you 

icon

Miglior risposta da MaxUp 21 April 2022, 18:45

Vedi l'originale

28 risposte

Livello utente 5
Badge +14

Hi Angus, Switzerland is not actually part of the European Union. So you cannot use eu data roaming.

You will have used up the remaining credit when you are able to browse. Now, if you don't reload, you cannot connect to the internet in Switzerland.

https://www.windtre.it/offerte-all-estero/roaming-europa/

Look at the "Paesi di validità" section

Thank you for your reply. I’m in France now but I can not use the data provided that I opened the data roaming. Are there anything I can do to fix it? I checked my data in WINDTRE app and it said my eu data is 6.6 gb which have not been used before.

Livello utente 4
Badge +22
Hi, try to search for the telephone company in manual mode by your smartphone, then choose Orange France or Bouygues Telecom
Livello utente 4
Badge +16

@Angus data roaming must be activated otherwise you will not be able to use the international roaming of the country you are in and not be able to surf. France is Europe so you can safely enable it and take advantage of the 6.6 GB you see.

@Angus data roaming must be activated otherwise you will not be able to use the international roaming of the country you are in and not be able to surf. France is Europe so you can safely enable it and take advantage of the 6.6 GB you see.

For the activation do you mean I can do it in the app?

Hi, try to search for the telephone company in manual mode by your smartphone, then choose Orange France or Bouygues Telecom

I tried to choose orange F and bouygues telecom manually but they don’t work. Thanks

Livello utente 4
Badge +16

No I mean you should enable data roaming from the phone's internet settings

No I mean you should enable data roaming from the phone's internet settings

I have enabled it in my phone internet setting, but it doesn’t work 

Livello utente 4
Badge +16

Ok then restart your phone, turn it off and on again and see if you can.

Livello utente 4
Badge +22
look in your smartphone settings, you should find "4G only" as your preferred network

Ok then restart your phone, turn it off and on again and see if you can.

I have tried to do it a several times but it doesn’t work. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks 

look in your smartphone settings, you should find "4G only" as your preferred network

Yes I have set it into 4G 

Livello utente 2
Badge +1

Hi @Angus , we have removed your comments with your details. Rewrite us taking care not to enter sensitive and / or personal data, We are waiting for you 😊

Hi @Angus , we have removed your comments with your details. Rewrite us taking care not to enter sensitive and / or personal data, We are waiting for you 😊

Thank you very much. Do you have any ideas what I can do to solve the problem?

Livello utente 5
Badge +14
are you sure you still have data available in roaming Ue?
are you sure you still have data available in roaming Ue?

The app shows I have 6.6 gb of roaming data, so it’s very strange to me that I cannot use them 

Livello utente 7
Badge +27

which apn are you using? the correct apn is internet.it

which apn are you using? the correct apn is internet.it

thank you for your reply. I am using the internet.it

Livello utente 4
Badge +22
You should try to insert your sim card on another smartphone to see if you can connect to the network and use the internet connection
You should try to insert your sim card on another smartphone to see if you can connect to the network and use the internet connection

Thank you for your reply. I tried to insert the SIM card to another phone but it does not work.

Livello utente 4
Badge +16

I would also try to top up a minimum amount, in some promotions the credit must be positive in order to work the offer. You can try this too.

Livello utente 7
Badge +27

If you turn off wifi what do you see? 2G, 3G, 4G or nothing?

Reset network settings:

If you turn off wifi what do you see? 2G, 3G, 4G or nothing?

Reset network settings:

Thank you for your reply. I can see 4G in it

I would also try to top up a minimum amount, in some promotions the credit must be positive in order to work the offer. You can try this too.

Thank you for your reply. My credit is 0.94 euro now. Does that count as positive amount? If no should I top up 6 euro for it? Because I was not told that I need to top up an extra amount for the plan. 

Livello utente 4
Badge +16

To be sure that you are viewing the correct number on the app, check that it appears at the top, otherwise change it with the "change line" function.

But something is not right, so before reloading I would have a suggestion ...
- turn off wifi on your phone
- check again that data roaming is active (if so, an "R" should appear next to the coverage notches).
- do a network settings reset as @eleirbag suggested

and try to browse

Rispondi alla domanda